A few moments ago I released version 0.7.0 of Stubbles. While still being an alpha version, this is most likely the last alpha version before we are going beta. The release was mainly targeted on improving the XML/XSL view engine, and we made quite some steps: we do not need any post interceptor any more when using the XML processor, the complete skin can now be cached as well as that the website cache can be applied onto the generated result. Other noteworthy points are an improved performance of the XML serializer when it comes to an large array of objects of the same instance as well as the replacement of the session resource manager by a new scope within the inversion of control package. Additionally the net::stubbles::util::net package was renamed to net::stubbles::peer as it has not that much to do with utilities itself and there are some plans for more subpackages.
thanks for the notice and the article, I added a link to your article in the external resources section of the XJConf start page.
Just a note, though: you wrote that a definition file is required for each language. Actually, you should require only one definition file which fits for all languages. The idea behind this is to allow different configurations based on the same definitions. (The category option definition may also be improved to allow an unlimited amount of options without changing the definition file to add another option. Let me know if you want to know more.)